Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sketchy Details

I'm taking a sketchbook class at my university this semester. I can't get over the fact that I get credit for going to various places and drawing simple sketches. There aren't many rules for our sketchbooks; the only hard and fast rule is that we must fill one by the end of the semester. To give myself an added incentive to sketch outside of class (and to draw well), I'm going to post a few here. Some of these are assignments, and some I did on my own.

I think I'm more of a painter than a drawer, so my sketches have a vary loose "painterly" quality. When I was younger I thought that I had to create perfect, realistic and detailed drawings, but I realized that's not me. These are much more fun.

H.W. assignment #1: Sketch the inside of your refrigerator.

I did a sketch of this library during class yesterday, then went back today and sketched it again (and this is the second sketch).

At the coffee shop. I hope he didn't notice that I was drawing him...

Get it? Lives...Life ...yeah.

At the mall.

Grandma's senior picture.

It's a lot of fun when my whole class takes over a place to sketch. We're going to Safeway next Monday; that should be interesting! 




1 comment:

  1. Those are so fun! I love the Nine Lifes! lol I'm excited you decided to post your sketches!!

    ReplyDelete