Sunday, November 24, 2013

In the Light


We all go through difficult times. There are days we feel as though we are sitting in a deep pit, unable to rise, incapable of escape. In those days, I pray that we look to the light. We are not alone. We are never alone.
I wrote this a couple weeks ago, and I hope it blesses you.



````````````````````
In the Light


All alone in the dark, the brilliant stars could be seen through a small hole of light far above. Encompassed by the dank blackness, she lifted her eyes to the lights. So bright tonight. She raised her hand and pretended to touch the brightest of them. So pure. So lovely was the speck of light. She took a breath and a feeble note came out, followed by another and another. Her song was as small and damp as the hole in which she sat.

“I see you. I see you. So bright and lovely tonight. I see you. I see your light.”

Mud enveloped her fingers as she pushed herself upright. She leaned against the wall as her legs shook and searched for strength. Cold wetness seeped into her back. Her breath was the only part of her that chanced an escape as it drifted upward. She continued to sing. Both her hands reached toward the light.

“I see You. I see You. I believe in You. You are my light in this darkness. You are my hope in this hopelessness. I see You.”

Her legs quivered and she let herself slide back down. She kept her gaze on the hope above.

“I see You. I see Your light. You are my freedom. Thank You, thank You.”

She felt a warm breeze brush her hair and caress her face. A breeze? Softly, faintly, she heard words flowing past her ear. 

“I see you. I see you. I AM your light. I see you, so lovely tonight. I see you, my dear one, I see you.”

Her heart swelled and tears flowed down her cheeks. The breeze covered her soul like a blanket and the song lulled her to sleep. 

```````````````````````

Keep your eyes on Me, regardless of your circumstances. They are temporary. I am eternal. Keep your eyes on Me. Do not give up; do not be discouraged. Look to My light.

"I called on Your name, O Lord, 
from the depths of the pit. 
You heard my plea: 'Do not close your 
ears to my cry for relief.' 
You came near when I called you, 
and you said, 'Do not fear.' 
O Lord, You took up my case; 
You redeemed my life."

-Lamentations 3:55-57

2 comments: