Monday, November 4, 2013

Life So Far


My life so far....


I have lived on this Colorado mountain YWAM base for two months now. I often forget that I’m a missionary (am I, really?). I am surprised when I am reminded of this fact. I’m hanging out on a mountain with good friends, cleaning, cooking (mostly making veggie trays and salads; I’m quite the pro now), and doing other odds and ends. Does this make me a missionary? Yep; guess it does.

God has been teaching me about relationships. Living with 15-18 or so people and seeing them day in and day out (that’s every day) has its challenges. I’ve had things come up in me that are less than pleasant. I may not show it--I certainly try not to--but my thoughts towards others aren’t always godly. Shocking, I know; I am human after all. Daily God has given me grace for my flaws and reminded me to give that same grace to my friends. It’s not my job to fix people, and trust me, I am tempted! No, my job is to love. And to love. And then love some more. Do I want to be respected? Then I need to show respect for thoughts, emotions, and opinions that make no sense to me at all, but belong to my friends, and they are worth my time and effort. 

On a different note....

God is continuing to provide for me financially. My rent is now 2/3 covered thanks to my lovely financial partners, and the rest somehow shows up each month. I always have enough. I have been told many times by the others on staff how God has always provided for them...always. I am grateful that I am able to learn this while I am still young! 

I am learning quite a bit, actually. I don’t always realize it at the time, but God is stretching and growing me in this place. We like to say that we can grow more quickly in this environment than in most others. It’s like a greenhouse with super mulch. Today I was feeling the growing pains, but I am grateful, so grateful for this opportunity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment